Split Pea Soup

.
  • Agregar a Technorati
  • Agregar a Del.icio.us
  • Agregar a DiggIt!
  • Agregar a Yahoo!
  • Agregar a Google
  • Agregar a Meneame
  • Agregar a Furl
  • Agregar a Reddit
  • Agregar a Magnolia
  • Agregar a Blinklist
  • Agregar a Blogmarks

From: Taste of Home Cookbook

I was not a big soup eater until I realized how practical it is for meals on a budget.  Amazingly, my tastes changed right along with that mind set.  Here's a soup recipe I've made twice this fall and will make again.

Ingredients

  • 1 package (16 ounces) dried split peas
  • 2 cups diced fully cooked lean ham
  • 2 diced carrots
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 stalk celery, diced
  • 2 medium potatoes, cubes
  • 4 cups chicken stock
  • 4 cups water
  • 1 tsp majoram
  • 1 tsp poultry seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp basil
  • 1/2 tsp pepper

Directions

  • Put all ingredients in a stock pot.  Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 1.5 hours.
 Last night while eating I figured this soup cost about $3.80 to make and easily makes two meals.  It's also great for company.  Serve with Artisan Bread Rolls. 

0 comments: